Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Layout

Well I am trying out some new layouts! My friend Lindsay is my mentor, but I am usually creatively challenged! So just bear with me as I make changes and finally find what I like.

No pictures today, but I do have a story. Abby and I were at the grocery store. There were two small boys in front of us in line. One was about 5, the other 7. They saw Abby and immediately walked over and started "loving" on her.

They were rubbing her arms, giving her hugs, etc. I am not a confrontational person and I really just sat there in shock. I looked at their mother thinking surely this woman will stop them.

She says "Boys, leave the baby alone" the way you would say "Oh, it's sunny outside".

Obviously they kept doing it.

Then when she was FINALLY done checking out, she said "Boys, lets go".

The older boy immediately starts screaming, " I want a baby!!".

The younger one joins in "I want a baby!!"

This woman NOW embarrassed stammers and stutters and herds them out of the store.

Abby is a wonderful baby and laughed at the boys and truly enjoyed the experience, but SERIOUSLY? Since when did it become ok to let your kids rub all over another kid without at least apologizing or asking the mother of that baby?? Abby has a slight cold and could give them what ever she has (for the mother's sake I hope she did).

And god only knows what those rugrats rubbed on my baby. I was in too much shock at the time to say anything, but I have got to start standing up for her, Im the only one (other than Stu of course) that is going to do it. Good lesson for me!

4 comments:

gammy said...

you will do what it takes. I would have been in pure shock too. I mean you want the mom to take care of her own, but when doesn't you have to step in.. easier said then done sometimes or most of the time... good lesson tho.

Makyla said...

Whoa... I'm sure the road cleared for the raging mother on her way home, right?!
And, to agree with you, it absolutely drives me bonkers when parents (even some of my own family) let there children up in babies faces. It really drove me insane when she was younger (now not so much). Its like your child is making a meal out of the snot running out of his nose into his mouth, and you're thinking its okay for him to give my child a kiss. Seriously? (that's actually a half true story)
Next time, take your basket in shove it up.... well, I'm sure you gather my thoughts there. :)

Wiz said...

Hi Ann! I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for linking to me. I may be switching to a format more like this soon. Something similar happened to me with my own sister-in-law and my two nieces. They were up in Colt's face touching all over him and my sister-in-law did nothing. Finally I went to change his diaper and when I was in the restroom my five year old niece asked her mom if she could go find me and Colt. She was like "Sure, just go ahead to the bathroom." John (knowing how stressful public changes can be) stepped in and told her no. Thank goodness for John!

Lindsay said...

Nice layout! props!