Thursday, August 6, 2009

7 Months

Abby is 7 months old today. As I've said before, I just can't believe it! Every day she does more and more that just amazes us. She continues to be such a good baby. Here are some great things about her:



  • I would guess her to weigh about 16 to 17 pounds. She is still very petite. I imagined my baby having big chunky thighs (as I did), but Abby has the tiniest little legs.

  • She can sit up all on her own. Stuart even convinced her to go from laying down to sitting up all on her own.
  • She is "crawling". It is really just pulling her legs up under her then shooting out, but she can do it extremely fast.









  • She eats any and all food that we put in front of her. I bought a ridiculous amount of stage 1 baby food when really she needs to be on about stage 3. So as soon as we get through all of this, we are moving on! Here is a picture of her with her first cracker.

  • Her new favorite food is peas. Loves them and could not get enough.

  • The beginnings of two teeth are forming. I can feel them when I push on them, but then all she wants to do is lick my fingers, so I can't really see them.

  • In the car, she likes to babble to herself. If I say anything, she immediately stops. It is like she doesnt remember that I am there and doesnt want me to hear her.

  • Her bedtime is between 7 and 8. She wakes up anywhere from 5:45 to 7:00.

  • After she goes to bed, we keep the monitor in the room with us. About every few hours, she lets out a high pitched whine. Just randomly. Cracks us up every time.

  • She sleeps all through the night, occasionally waking up, but just needs the pacy put back in her mouth.

  • Even though the pictures don't show it, she does really have hair. It is light blond and very fine.


  • Still our pride and joy. I think she spoiled us, we think all babies are this great!


Not a big fan of random objects in her mouth



A little intrigued by the cracker though




Whoa, whoa!




Today was some very, very nasty weather. Lots of lightning and flooding.



We started the day in an adorable red, white and blue outfit (actually the July 4th) outfit. I thought a shirt that said "Sparkle" was perfect for a birthday girl! Just before we left for daycare, I remembered that she didnt have a "back up" outfit. Luckily, I threw one in her bag.


When I picked her up from day care, she was in her other outfit. I assumed she had an incident and had to be changed. Oh no, today of all days, they had a fire drill because of a "funny smell". So my poor baby and all the other babies had to evacuate the building in the middle of this monsoon. Needless to say, they were all soaked and to be changed. Im just glad I remembered the spare outfit!




Abby also had her first "real" bath this week. The first one that I did, the water was not warm enough. After a few minutes of playing, her lower lip started trembling. But Daddy gave her one tonight that was perfect.



Eating bath toys!!



*On a sad note, my parents' dog, Dixie, was put to sleep yesterday. She suffered from diabetes for about 2 years. We were lucky that she was with us this long. We are all still very sad though. Her and Ali were really good friends, I can't imagine going home and not seeing her there.


We love you Dixie!





2 comments:

gammy said...

you are wonderful thanks so much for all the details. I can't believe Abby is doing all these things. she is growing so fast. Sorry to hear about Dixie. It will be really hard to go home and not see her.

Nona said...

The first night (Saturday) I was able to take a walk without Dixie - I met 3 people and all 3 asked me "Where's Dixie"? I miss her but I'm going to continue walking in her memory.

Nona