Sunday, July 10, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

I have been going non-stop since Thursday night. Exhausted is the only way to describe it!


Here are some of the pictures that I took. The total upload was 89 pictures, but these are my favorites.



Walking around on Broadway Friday afternoon, we saw this little fellow. Seriously, that is his hair.

Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Delicious.

Highlight was watching my mom use a flashlight to read the menu. I love her.


Friday night was spent at the Big Bang. Jessica made it on the stage for a little "bridal" loving.



And left with a wonderful bumper sticker.


*****************


Saturday: It is Wedding Time!

My gorgeous husband and beautiful Mimi.


I am pretty sure that my husband flirted with her all night.


The wedding was so awesome. Jessica was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen.


I might be biased because she is now my sis in law, but whatever!


Me and JD's friend Josh.


Josh and JD have been friends for many, many years. I consider him my second little bro. I was so glad that I got to see him again and walk down the aisle with him.


The newlyweds!


Seriously, aren't they just the cutest couple you have ever seen???


Dancing the first dance.


Mother/Son Dance.


These two should not be allowed to dance together. They danced to LeAnn Womack's "I hope you dance". Yes, they are spinning in circles. But it was adorable.


What is this???


So JD and Jessica have some obsession with "planking". I don't get it. But they randomly plank and then post on facebook. Maybe it is like flash mob dancing?? I really have no idea.


But apparently it was necessary for the entire bridal party to plank. Can you pick me out?

(Hint: look at the color of the legs!)


Cutting their wedding cake.


All in all, it was one of the most gorgeous weddings I have ever been to. My camera was acting up and I didn't take too many pictures though. Hopefully they will get their professional ones back soon and I can share a few.


**************

Friday night - 4 hours of sleep

Saturday night - 6 hours of sleep


Sunday morning came early. We met some family for breakfast, but I didn't get pictures as Abby was a hot mess.


Then we went to the new house!!!!!


There is a little bit of a hiccup with paperwork, shocking, right?


We are hoping to close tomorrow afternoon, but not sure yet. Regardless, my parents, Stu's mom and aunt met us over there to help clean this afternoon.



Gammy and Abby working on her bathroom. She didn't want her picture taken.


Stuart (with a wet rag on his head - it was hot!) pressure washing the concrete slab. We decided not to do the porch until we decide what color we want to stain it.




My momma cleaning the cabinets.


I will post more pictures once it is "legally" ours. But to say we are excited is an understatement.


Now, I need to head to bed. We did have a 2 hours nap today - all of us. But I need more sleep!!!


2 comments:

Sue B. said...

Beautiful wedding party and the pictures I saw of your new home on Diane's FB were just gorgeous!! Congratulations and the best of love, health and happiness to all three of you! God Speed!

gammy said...

beautiful wedding. I love Jess's gown it is gorgeous. JD handsome and the guys in that pink shirt is so handsome.