Wednesday, July 13, 2011

And.....it's just Day One!

As hopefully most people know, Stu and I are now homeowners! We are both over the moon about it and just too busy to even think straight.


I did throw my camera in my purse to snap some pictures tomorrow, but we don't have Internet until Monday (working on changing that now) so I probably won't be able to post anything until then. I took the day off to "supervise" the final movement.


We closed yesterday at 4 and immediately took one load over to the house. So at least we have one load done!


Stu worked on fixing a giant hole in the garage today. The people that lived there before us cut out a hole underneath the stairs for storage. By doing this, they also cut the support beams under the stairs. It is really not that big of a deal, but something that we wanted to immediately fix.


Stu informed me that during this process he hit a wire with a hammer and shocked the crap out of himself. But he had no idea what the wire went to.


After work, I went to the house to work on the boxes that the boys dropped off all day.


I quickly found out the wire that Stu had hit. It was 89 degrees in the house!


At the time, I didn't put two and two together and just figured that the AC was broken. What luck!


I called the AC people that agreed to meet me at the house in the morning. I mentioned the wire issue and the nice lady said he might have blown it. Fantastic.


But I did manage to find the breaker box (score for me!) and fix that. When I left, I think that cold air was blowing. We will have to check it out in the morning.


Oh the joys of being a homeowner! Still, wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to come over and check the place out!

gammy said...

Yea!!!! so excited. And yes, he is Stuart the Toolman Staples. Means well, but I think needs to think a bit more. Love your house.I can't believe how much is already done.