Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Doctor Appointment

I had yet another doctor appointment yesterday. The good news is that Abby has remained head down in the correct position. The bad news is that I am still NOT dilated. I am still 50% effaced, which means I am getting there, slowly! And I know I still have a few days until my actual due date, but trust me, I am ready! Especially now that Mom is here. She has been helping me out so much, cooking and cleaning. It is nice to be able to relax as I get larger and larger. I have also been having some lower back pain (I hope this means labor is coming), so her doing everything allows me to rest.

Other updates
The car seat has been installed in the Xterra. After us spending about 45 minutes trying to figure it out, I called the fire department and they told me to come by. So we went by and the nicest fireman installed it for us, along with giving us other tips on the safest way to have the baby in the car. For example, not putting a coat on her so the straps are tight to her body and using a blanket if it is cold.

Stuart will be moving again in the next few weeks. He will be returning to his original place before returning home, but he advised me not to send him any more mail as he might not get it. Hopefully (cross your fingers), he will be home in about 6 weeks.

My next doctor appointment is Monday January 5th, but Im hoping Abby makes her debut before then. We will just have to see!

I hope everyone has a Happy (and safe) New Years Eve!! My plans are homemade soup, hot chocolate, and movies!!

2 comments:

gammy said...

sounds exciting Awaiting the call. talked to Stuart the other night and it was great. He loves your pics and can't wait to get the others. love you hi to your mom...happy new year

Lindsay said...

Hoooooome Stretch girl! You can do it!