Friday, December 5, 2008

8 months strong!

Wow, only one month to go! I never thought I would see this day. My mom will arrive here in Jacksonville in three weeks, so every day I tell Abby that she has to stay in there until then...

I am really starting to wind down. I lost feeling in my hands about 2 weeks ago and every day it just seems to get worse. It is basically just the swelling that I have in my arms that is cutting off the nerves (it is the same symptons as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome). I am very uncomfortable being this heavy too! But overall, health wise, I am in good shape. Nothing out of the ordinary and I have my last test (I think) on Monday.

As fas as everything being ready, I got the glider, mobile, and travel system this week. This weekend I am going to put my hospital bag together. Of course, I say this every weekend, and I just keep putting it off. But I think I pretty much have everything that I need. I havent hung her name yet, but I can't get behind the crib to do it, so that will just have to wait until Mom gets here.

I was supposed to do my maternity shoot this past weekend, but due to rain, it was postponed until the 20th. Lamaze class is going great, learning many techniques to remain calm and hopefully get through the pain with as little drugs as possible. I toured the hospital yesterday, where they showed us the birthing room and recovery room. The birthing room is actually a HUGE room that is super nice with a tv and dvd player to keep me entertained! I was disappointed that they dont have internet access though. They acted like I was crazy for asking, but I wanted to be able to email Stuart as soon as possible with tons of pics. I can at least send him one from my phone though.
Speaking of Stuart, he is doing great, he is "out" doing some work for the next few weeks so we dont get to talk much, but he should be back in time for the birth and at least be able to call and have consistent internet access. I have also heard this hospital has a "webcam room" where I can take Abby and we can see Stuart and he can see us. We just have to be able to coordinate it.


Here are the pictures that I took tonight. I really am this big! Abby is completely cramped in there and likes to remind me with especially sharp kicks! Ill post again after my doctor appointment on Monday.....










4 comments:

gammy said...

wow thats my grand daughter in there. you look great.. of course I cried. Its been hard lately, sorry I haven't called,I'm just having a hard time right time. wishing so much we were closer. I'll call you this weekend.. love you thanks for the update.

gammy said...

like the new layout! Evan says Hi and loves you and misses you..

Lindsay said...

i'm sorry...did you say little drugs as possible? i don't comprehend that. "more please" is what I remember saying to the good doc.

Unknown said...

Yes, my goal is no epidural...I might be crazy and not know what I am talking about...but we will just see! Once that first contraction hits, Ill go from there!!