Monday, June 8, 2009

I want to Crawl....

Abby wants sooooo bad to crawl...I can just feel it. Stuart was practicing with her last night and she made it about 2 inches before she got frustrated.

She also turned the big 5 months on Saturday. Many people take a picture with their little ones and a picture of the month that they are, unfortunately I was not organized enough to do this, so why start now??!! But here are some great facts about her.

  • She knows her name and grins when it is said.
  • She knows both her mommy and daddy from strangers, although she is so great about being held by anyone.
  • When we go anywhere, she is just so wide eyed taking it all in. We get compliments all the time about what a great baby she is.
  • Her favorite thing to do (today) is flick her wrist. I dont really know where this came from, but it is just so funny to watch. The other morning, I had her propped up in bed and she took her pacy and flicked it over and over in her lap and laughed like it was the best thing she had ever seen.
  • When I am feeding her her last bottle of the day, she insists on rubbing my chin even though it tickles the crap out of me.
  • When we are "snuggling" in bed on Sat or Sun morning, she likes to rub my forearm before she drifts back to sleep.
  • Her daddy can make her laugh more than anyone in the world.
  • She likes to "talk" but has started screeching now. It was cute at first (well ok, it still is) but she does it ALL the time and it is extremely high pitched.
  • No teeth yet, but still crazy drooling.
  • We are still working on the oatmeal (as you can see from the pictures below). I think she is getting more down as her bottle at night is less now, yet she still falls dead asleep. A few more attempts at this and we will move to other foods. Although apparently her fingers are still the food of choice.
  • Her daddy and I could not imagine our lives without her!













3 comments:

Jessica said...

That tummy time is paying off! Pretty soon she'll be all over the place and you'll barely be able to keep up with her. By the way, I love the embroidered bib! So cute!

Katie said...

I just want to pinch her cute little cheeks!!!!! She is so adorable!!!!

gammy said...

she is amazing.Just too cute. I can't wait to hug her again. she is growing so fast I can't believe she's 5 months. So glad all is well love you