Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mean Girls

Abby went to day care today while I was off so that I could get some stuff done. She (I thought) was feeling a lot better. But I got a phone call about 4:00 that she had a fever and I needed to come get her. Luckily, I was on my way anyways. I wasn't planning on taking her tomorrow, so that worked out.

On the way home, she tells me a story about how a little girl, we will call her "S", made fun of her and called her a baby. S and another little girl "P" are her two best friends at school.

Let me just tell you, I had to fight every ounce of my being not to say "Well next time she makes fun of you, call her stupid". I seriously thought about it. In the end, I gave her my normal advice of "just tell your teachers". She said that she did and S called her a tattle-tell.

Let me at this kid.

I never in a million years thought I would be dealing with this at three.

And she is changing teachers/classes at the end of this month. I adore her teachers and am beyond devastated that she is moving. I am just praying that she gets good teachers again. And maybe S stays behind, but I don't think she will.

Now, off to get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I already assured Abby that she could go to the doctor tomorrow. Poor baby!



1 comment:

Sue B. said...

I'm sorry that Abby isn't feeling well and hope she feels better real soon!!

As for the "mean" girls, it's a shame that Abby has to deal with this at such a young age. From my own experience with my daughter who's now 10...she's been dealing with a few mean girls since 2nd grade...from making fun of her petite size...to belittling her at sports (because she's good)...and are jealous that my daughter is good friends with a lot of the boys. I feel that boys make great friends because they're not into all the "drama" and they don't care about appearances as much as girls do. My daughter just ignores the girls who are rude (it's actually harder on ME...LOL).

I'm sure Abby will meet several "true" girlfriends as she gets a little older...there are definitely some nice girls out there...it just takes a little time and maturity to find them.