Sunday, October 12, 2008

6 months and updates

Today marks the official beginning of the third trimester! Although I feel like I have been pregnant forever, it is only three short months until Abby arrives!

I am still waiting to hear back from the painter on when they can come - but I have at least picked out the paint color. It is a cream color with yellow undertones. Very neutral, but I think it will look great once everything is put together. Once I can get the room painted, I am ordering the crib and dresser.

I also signed up for a "Mom's Basic Training" class next week. It is a two day class and will (hopefully) teach me all of the basics of having a newborn. There is also a class for Daddy's called "Daddy's Boot Camp", Stuart is signed up to take this class in March.

I am still walking about a mile a day and I think this has curbed some of the weight gain since I know my calorie intake has not slowed down!! Ali and I are headed to the beach this afternoon since it has been raining all weekend and she needs to get out and burn some of her energy!

Abby still kicks pretty frequently, but it is reassuring to feel her moving and growing inside my belly. According to my baby book, she is about 2 1/2 pounds and about 16 inches long. Crazy to imagine something that big and she is not even halfway there!

Stuart is doing great, he is back at Camp with all of his buddies. He now has access to email, so I have been able to talk to him more. Only about 4 1/2 months until he gets back!

Here are some pictures I just took, not that great since I had to set the timer! Next month, I will be meeting with a photographer to get some "official" pictures done.





4 comments:

gammy said...

that is great glad to hear all is well and you'll get to talk to stuart more. you look great. I love the one of you looking down. that is precious as always love you ...

Lindsay said...

Looking good girl! That's a healthy baby you got there!

Anonymous said...

ann, you look GORGEOUS!

i'll be in Williamsburg to visit Steph in two weeks-- any chance you'll be coming up to VA?

take care of yourself! the guys won't be gone too much longer :)

Kathryn

gammy said...

Evan says Wow look at her belly. Its great gammy my cousin will be here soon...
I love you Aunt Ann