Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oatmeal!!

Abby is eating oatmeal from a spoon (kinda!). It is absolutely hilarious to watch. Her first few tries, it came right back out. Now, she is used to it and out of about 10 spoonfuls, eats about 2.....maybe. A little practice will make perfect though. When we do decide to go to solids, we are hoping she will be ready.


More of it on her face then in the mouth.


Perplexed!

Another good shot of all the food everywhere!



Stuart and Abby outside the restaurant we went to Saturday night. In her fishy dress!





Sunday morning we woke up and Abby was burning up! Stuart took her temperature under her arm and it was 101.5. I immediately throw on jeans and am ready to go to the emergency room. Stuart (the calmer of us) convinces me to call the advice nurse. I had no idea they worked on Sundays. I call and she makes me an appointment for noon. Abby has been fighting a cold (as have I) for about a week now, poor thing!
The doctor checked her out, her temperature was only 100, so he thinks we might have gotten an inaccurate reading (we did under the arm, he did elsewhere). As a precaution, they wanted a clean urine sample. I couldnt even watch, luckily Stuart is better at those sort of things than I am....Im extremely squeamish! Then we went for chest x-rays (again, a precaution), Stuart was carrying her so he stayed in the x-ray room with her. It was so incredibly hard to be waiting outside the intimidating x-ray room hearing my baby crying. I almost tore the door down. But her chest was clear, so we are just giving her some tylenol to make her feel a little better. It is the hardest thing I have ever done to watch my little baby be sick!
Here's to hoping she gets well soon!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sendin prayers your way! Sad I missed you guys when you were here. And I can just imagine you frantically running about because of a temp...ohhhhh aneursym ann at its finest;)

gammy said...

well sure glad we write on this. I had no idea she went through all that. hope she is better soon. love the pics of the oatmeal..