Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Home at Last.....

We are all home at last. It has been quite a long week!

It all started last Monday at the doctor's appointment. Apparently, I had some fluids leaking that they suspected were amniotic fluid. So the doctor had me admitted to the hospital and they started inducing my labor. I was admitted about 2 PM that afternoon and around 3 AM, after 2 hours of active pushing, in order to keep myself and Abby safe, the best option was a c-section. It is definately not what I had planned, but the one thing that I learned in all my classes, was not to plan on anything! But everything went fairly well and Abby made her appearance at 4:18 AM that morning.

I was discharged from the hospital Friday, but they wanted to keep Abby until Monday to finish her antibiotics and monitor the fluid in her lungs. So, my mom and I moved into a room downstairs near the nursery and she stayed with us over the weekend. We were definitely ready to come home as there is not much to do in a hospital room for a week!!



Here is Abby a few days old in the hospital.



She looks like a little angel when she is sleeping....

Happy Baby!

Here are the flowers I received from Melissa and Jared, my parents, and the Procurement Dept at HQ.


She ended up having five different IV's put in her (she kept pulling them out). This is the 5th one with the little arm splint! It looks oh so sad!





This is us about to leave the hospital. I havent showered in 2 days, but didnt care as I was getting out!

Snug as a bug in my car seat!



Home at last in my pretty pink princess room!

Home Sweet Home!


4 comments:

gammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gammy said...

I messed on the other one couldn't spell and forgot words. so thank you for that great detail I felt like I was there. wish I was. Abby is beautiful and so are you. Glad you are home. the pics are great. can't wait to share them with my friends and family. call me whenever you want. I want to hear from you, but I don't want to call when you are resting. you call anytime even if i'm at work, I can alway talk to you. love you . hi to your mom, I know she is loving this. glad you two have this time to share.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cozy in her crib! Glad to hear the two of you are doing well. Congrats again... and Stuart will be home in just a few weeks!!! So happy for you both!

Katie said...

Ann she is sooooo cute!!!! Hope you update us with pics often. Hope you are well. Congrats again.