Saturday, November 8, 2008

Contractions

I have been having some pains all week, but since I was in Virginia for work, figured I would wait it out until I got home. I called the doctor on Thursday to try and get an appointment. They couldnt see me until the 18th, but told me I could go to the ER or Labor and Delivery Triage if I wanted to. So last night when I got off work, I stopped by Labor and Delivery to get everything checked out.

Everything checked out fine (not getting too into detail of what was going on). But while I was there, the doctor came in and asked if I was feeling the contractions. Apparently I was having contractions every few minutes and they were afraid I was in labor. I never even felt a thing!! Luckily, it was not labor, and after a few hours of monitoring they let me leave.

I just can't believe I am already having contractions, yet not feeling them! Hopefully, we can stay this way throughout labor! But it was intense being in Labor and Delivery with all of the other women having babies....I have my tour of the hospital Dec. 4th, so Ill know more about what to do when the labor is real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann,
I had the same thing happen to be at 28 weeks. My ultrasound saw that I was having contractions and I did not feel them. I spent 3 hours in labor/delivery triage. I was put on Trabutaline (sp) till Landon was born to control the contractions. Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

gammy said...

Like I said call me. I know I'm far away, but I'm still here for support. love you and try to take it easy, I know you have a lot to do, but Abby will never know you didn't have everything done. LOL love you and be careful