Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doctor Appointments

I had my glucose test today. I had to fast for 12 hours before. I got there about 8 this morning and they pricked my finger. Then I had 5 minutes to drink this drink that tasted like an orange Crush. After that, I sat in the waiting room for an hour (luckily, I was smart enough to bring a book). Then they drew blood and sent me on my way!

I went back at 11:30 for my regular appointment. Some of the labs were in already and so far, everything looked good. My total weight gain has been about 20 pounds, nothing dramatic. The baby's heartbeat was good, she found it right away.

I have had some crazy heartburn and sometimes Tums helps, sometimes not. The doctor prescribed Zantac for the extreme cases. I am hesitant to take since I am not a fan of any kind of medicine, but the heartburn can be so intense, I think I will have to.

Things are going great and my next appointment is October 28.

In the meantime, my birthday is tomorrow (!), Ali has a Howl-O-Ween party, I have a Halloween party, lots going on this month. And the house painter is coming tomorrow to give me an estimate on the nursery - time to get started.....pictures to come!

2 comments:

gammy said...

sounds great. glad you feel good..can't wait for some pics from howl o ween. Happy Birthday. love you

Lindsay said...

Happy B-DAY! When I did the glucose my tests come back saying there might be a problem so I had to do the half day thing! Drink, shot wait an hour...drink, shot wait an hour...drink, shot wait an hour...you get the point. It was Miserable and there was nothing wrong with me!