After being called out tonight on my 31 in 31 list....I decided to do an update.
People, it is bad. I have about 4 months to GET ON IT!
1. Run a 5K I love walking them, but would love to run a full 5K this year.....and I HATE running
Real Bad - not even close.
2. Volunteer for 3 major events I know one will be the St Jude's Country Music Marathon, just need 2 more.
Working on it - Didn't do the Country Music because Abby had soccer. I am signed up for my church's Family Night of VBS, but that is it. I am hoping to do a Habitat for Humanity project this summer. And I did sign up to teach a 5 year old Sunday School class for the summer...so maybe that counts.
3. Paint my trey ceiling I have wanted to do this since we moved in, I am determined to do it this year.
Real Bad - Not even close to picking out a color.
4. Paint Abby's bathroom Ever since we painted our bathroom, Abby has been asking to paint hers.
Working on it - I did paint the laundry room, but I haven't gotten to her bathroom. However, we are getting new floors in the kitchen and I am planning on painting the kitchen before this. Wishful thinking, I have the color picked out.
5. Define my foyer area Our house is very open, the foyer runs into
the dining room into the living room. But I have seen some amazing
foyers and would love to somehow make ours "pop".
Real Bad - I got nothing.
6. Pay off credit card debt I don't have much, but I just need to bite the bullet and get it done.
Working on it - I have been slowly eating away at it. My current goal is before Oct so my bonus doesn't have to go towards debt.
7. Read some classic books (instead of garbage) I love reading, but
would love to read books that have been around the block (I'm thinking
Gone with the Wind, Anna Karenina, The Great Gatsby, Huckleberry Finn)
Real Bad - But...I have been reading alot of Business Books. And I plan on reading The Great Gatsby before I see the movie.
8. Buy (some) of my blog. Goal is at least 2 years worth The whole point of my blog was originally to turn it into a book.
Working on it - I bought one year at least!
9. Enjoy Disney World I was actually looking for an older post and came across this one. Haha - I am making my Disney dream come true.
Done - We had a blast. We already have plans to go back in a few years.
10. Plan another family vacation I'm thinking something smaller like Gatlinburg or The Biltmore
Real Bad - Nothing planned.
11. Visit my friend Julie I haven't been back to NC in over a year and would love to go and stay a long weekend with her
Done! We are going for 6 days in June.
12. Re-do my blog I am just over re-doing it (can't you tell) and I want to just to be done with it, just pay someone to do it
Real Bad - The blog has def. been neglected.
13. Teach Abby to read I think she is super close and would love for her to start out kindergarten with the basics
Working on it - She is doing excellent with her sight words. She is on book 8 of her reading schedule. I do think she is a genius :)
14. Cook more I can only commit to this on the weekends as it takes me forever to put a meal together
Working on it - I just bought a Groupon for e-meals for a year. It is time to try new things.
15. Send birthday cards Who doesn't like getting mail?
Real Bad - I even put birthdays in the calendar that I made. My problem is getting the cards.
16. Frame more recent pictures Most of my framed pictures are pre-Abby or early Abby, I really need to update them
Real Bad - But...I did just get new pictures done. Planning on printing and framing in the next month.
17. Start a garden I have a sweet little area in the backyard and am determined to grow at the very least tomatoes next year
Done - My tomatoes (on the second try) are slightly thriving. And I have strawberries in a pot that I have high hopes for. All I can do is try.
18. Make a Minnie Mouse cake I can do this, I know it.
Done - And loved it!
19. Finally, get back to pre-Abby weight Im getting closer...just a few more things to change
Real Bad - Nothing to say.
20. Paint another picture Last July, I did the Sips and Strokes where I painted a picture that is in my bedroom, I had a blast and want to do another
Real Bad - Nothing planned.
21. Track my reading Keep up with what I am reading and how much, yes - I'm a nerd
Real Bad - I just keep reading and reading....but not tracking!
22. Go to the Atlanta Zoo We love the zoo....plus, there is an IKEA in Atlanta ;)
Working on it - We did go to the Aquarium last weekend, so maybe getting closer. I could knock out this one and #10 in one try though...
23. Add nice pieces to my wardrobe Oh how I need a makeover, hopefully this is coming soon
Working on it - I got a great start. Still working on it though. I tend to fall in my favorites.
24. Get a pedicure I tend to only do this when I am in weddings, I need to just splurge and do it
Working on it - In a wedding in August, so probably getting a pedicure, that counts, right?
25. Go to a concert Hello...I live in Nashville, concerts galore
Working on it - I could kick myself for waiting on Justin Timberlake tickets. I went to buy them 7 hours after they went on sale...sold out! Blake Shelton is coming in the fall and I am going to get them!
26. Pay it Forward at a drive-through I don't eat much fast food, but
I would love to "surprise" the person behind me with a free meal (and
drive off before they realize it)
Real Bad - I must try to remember this one.
27. Hang a wreath on it. I love wreathes and want to hang seasonal ones.
Working on it - Haha...I made a wreath in November and it is still there. I just need to bite the bullet and buy them.
28. Watch a black and white movie. Years ago I went through an old movie phase and loved it, I would love to see another.
Real Bad - not even one.
29. Wax those brows. My eyebrows are fine, but I feel SOO much better when they are waxed.
Real Bad - Not done (And I am embarrassed to say how long)
30. Blog more. This ties in with number 8. I want to post at least 5 times a week to keep up with Abby.
Real Bad - I will make my excuse....I work too much. Def. something to work on.
31. Enjoy the year!
Working on it - Always a work a progress!
Well I have 4 months to get it together!
Saturday, May 18, 2013
This past Monday, Abby's Tumbling Class had their medal ceremony.
She has been going since August but I have never been (She goes during school hours).
I was so excited to attend as I have only seen what she shows me at home.
Stretching out before the action.
This is one of her favorite stretches, "Hold It" she will tell me!
Doing a handstand on the balance beam.
I mainly took video so these were the only still shots that I got.
Getting her medal.
She was beaming.
Her tumbling class. Those three little blondes on the left are a handful!
With their sweet teacher.
I am so glad that she was able to do this at school. We will be signing up next year as well.
My little gymnast with her medal.
(Note this picture.....when she makes the Olympics, this will be her first picture)
We have been rained out almost a month, but we went back to soccer today.
Waiting her turn to kick the ball.
This cracked me up. Don't these just look like girls gossiping instead of playing soccer?
The girl in the black socks kept playing with Abby's hair - she was not loving it!
May is strawberry picking month and I actually remembered this year.
After soccer, we headed to the strawberry patches.
It was pretty muddy out, so Abby wore her rain boots.
This was the tutorial before of only picking the red ones and not the green ones.
Then my girl was ready!
Abby said, "This is like Easter Egg hunting with strawberries!"
She was a girl with a purpose....pick lots of strawberries.
And make sure you get only the best!
We ended up picking about 4 pounds. I think Abby ate a pound of that.
I also made a pie, but letting it chill tonight....so we will see how it turns out tomorrow!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
With a cancelled softball tournament and no real plans today....we headed out to Chattanooga to visit the aquarium.
First stop was the Mellow Mushroom. Delicious food.
Stuart and Abby checking out all the cool fish.
This was the biggest turtle I have ever seen in my life.
Abby pointing to the sharks swimming above.
We decided to go see a 3D movie. Abby adorable in her glasses.
Abby chose Flight of the Butterflies to watch.
Stuart and Abby in the fish display.
Abby loved the neon fish.
My camera was pretty blurry inside, but Abby loved climbing up on the displays and getting close to the fish.
A great adventure for a rainy day!