Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Per request (ahem...Justine), here is the full shot of the Christmas tree with all of the ornaments. The reason that it was not showed earlier (and thanks for calling me out) is because I didn't buy enough lights so only the bottom 2/3 of the tree was lit. But I fixed the problem, found all of my ornaments, and it is set. (but it does look a little crooked in this picture)
I will say that after her nightly bottle, Abby sat quietly in my lap. I thought she was enjoying the lights of the Christmas tree, basking in the spirit of Christmas. No. She thought the nutcracker on the entertainment center was the neatest thing she had ever seen.
Abby used the boxes that I will use to wrap presents to "skate" in the kitchen.
- When you are in the grocery store and you see a crazed lady with a screaming baby coming down the aisle, please do not leave your cart in the middle while you walk off to shop. She WILL shove your cart 10 feet away and probably throw things in your cart that you don't need.
- If it is November (almost December), don't take your baby to the store in a onesie. It may seem nice outside, but your baby needs to wear more than a freaking onesie.
- If your child smacks another person, don't say sorry, but then nothing to your kid. True story - I was in the grocery store today (in case you couldn't tell) and I felt someone SMACK me in the middle of my back. My first instinct was a friend that hit me too hard. So I whipped around and it was a five year old in the cart. He HIT me. Mom muttered sorry, but nothing to the little !@#$% (insert your own word here). I also heard her remark to another woman a few aisles over that her kid wouldn't stop hitting strangers. Really??? Buck up Momma and lay down the law.
- I do hate people that want to judge how others kids behave and say "my kid would never do that", but on some level I have to think that I would NOT allow my child to hit another person without severe punishment. Or throw a tantrum in a public place. I might be eating my words in a few years, but I doubt it.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
The day started with Daddy cooking. Ali did this the entire time that Stuart was cooking and preparing food. All she wanted was one bite of food.
I had all intentions of getting Abby an adorable custom made Thanksgiving dress, but it didn't happen. Instead she got new pink suede boots! They were the ones that I wanted from Target, but since they were out of brown, we went with pink. Target is by far my favorite store, but they do disappoint me sometimes. (See previous post about the formula). We live in the highest birth rate county in NC and they run out of children's shoes??? Really???
She got cranky waiting for food, so we stuck her in the Lazy Boy and rocked her for about 15 minutes - loved it! Better picture of the boots as well.
After Stuart slaved and slaved over the stove/oven, here is the result!
That is one good looking Turkey!
Abby loved ALL of it. The green beans, hash brown casserole, mashed potatoes, turkey, rolls.
She chowed down!!!
Abby's First Thanksgiving was a success!!!
Meg, Jared, Stu, Oz, Eric and Maria
After dinner, I put the boys to work. We don't really have room for a tree, but there was no way Abby wasn't getting one. So we decided that if we moved the gigantic entertainment center to the left a few feet, we could put a tree beside it.
- I am thankful that my husband is home this Thanksgiving.
- (and that he did all of the cooking while I napped)
- I am thankful for all of the best wishes and love that we received from our friends and family today.
- I am grateful that we are able to eat a fantastic dinner today, as I know that many people do not get this.
- We are so worried about selling our house, but I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads to worry about.
- I am thankful NBC is showing the Office Wedding tonight. My favorite episode.
- I am thankful that 20 years later, I still have the Mariah Carey Christmas cd that I can officially start listening to.
- And NUMBER ONE...I am thankful that we have the healthiest, most beautiful, funniest, goofiest, loving daughter that I could ever hope for.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
The guys lined up ready to hit the ball.
We made a can of green beans tonight for Abby. I swear to you, that she ate at least half of it. By herself! She was double fisting the beans, couldn't eat them fast enough.
Stuart had a bottle of water tonight that Abby insisted on demolishing as well. Look how long that hair is getting....
Almost half of it ended up on her pj's, but that is ok.
Monday, November 23, 2009
The girls that went.
The crazy part is that only one of these "girls" is still around. The tall babe in the back, Megan, is married and living in Cali with her hubby.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Abby started the morning with a "cherrios face".
Then she wore an Adorable outfit (even though they are all adorable). I got the princess castle shirt at Target, my favorite place, for $4. Much better than the $12 shirts from Old Navy.
One of Abby's favorite "toys"- a pack of gum. She did almost have her first piece of gum though, as she spilled it without me knowing. Pretty sure that Ali got a piece before I could stop her though. I was able to stop Abby thank goodness.